The bean bag chair for kids are not different in terms of their purpose from the adult ones. They are comfy and you can move them around easily. Nonetheless, a bean bag chair for kids stand apart thanks to their size, low weight, bright colors, softer materials, and the ability to fill them with your kids’ favorite toys.
It offer superior comfort, non-allergenic materials, and safety features. That is why it’s important to get a bean bag designed specifically for kids. Getting the best bean bag chair for your kids will not only bring comfort but also super fun. Never-last, check top 10 best bean bag chairs for gaming in 2019 to surprise your little ones.
Consumer Reports – Bean Bag Chair for Kids Pros and Cons
Bean bags are a great option for many different needs, but they’re not always the best seating or bedding choice, so it’s important to consider both their pros and cons. As with everything in life that has a choice, using bean bag chair for kids comes with both advantages and disadvantages. A bean bag chair for kids is comfortable, affordable and safe as long as it is used responsibly.
- Super compact – easy for kids to move and won’t damage your floor
- Bean bags can both serve as a chair and a bed
- They’re affordable compared to other types of furniture
- Beanbags are incredibly comfortable and portable
- Beanbags with removable covers can simply be unzipped and thrown in the washing machine
- Huge range of sizes, shapes, colors, and patterns to suit any room or use
- Do not use beanbags for kids under 12 months – they pose a suffocation risk
- The filling inside beanbags does flatten over time and will eventually need replacing
- Soft and low to the ground, they may be difficult to get up
Top 10 Bean Bag Chair for Kids – Reviews
So, which bean bag chair for kids should you go for? Well, you don’t need to ask yourself that; all you need is to sit comfortably, relax, and read on as we unveil the top 10 best bean bag chairs for kids and toddlers.
ECR4Kids Bean Bag Chair and Ottoman Set
- Brand: ECR4Kids
- Colors: up to ten
- Double zippered closure to keep beads safely inside
- Double-stitched seams for added strength with smooth edges
- Durable soft leather polyurethane upholstery
- Filled with polystyrene beads
- Product dimensions: 28 x 38 x 23 inches
- Product weight: 6 lbs
The ECR4Kids children’s bean bag chair and ottoman set is a fun and comfortable chair for children to sit back, relax, put your feet up, and read their favorite story, or hang out with the family. Great for use in a classroom, daycare, preschool or home environment. Colorful and stylish, this bean bag chair for kids features double-stitched seams for durability and two locking-zippers to keep beads safely inside. The bean bag chair and ottoman set are recommended for use by children ages 2 and older. No assembly required replacement beads are sold separately. ECR4Kids Bean Bag Chair and Ottoman Set come in 10 different colors. GREENGUARD [GOLD] Certified company for reducing chemical pollutants and improving air quality.
Chill Sack Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair for Kids
- Brand: Chill Sack
- Colors: multiple
- A great size for both kids and teens
- Removable double stitched microsuede fiber cover
- Stuffed with shredded memory foam
- Machine washing slip cover
- Product dimensions: 24 x 24 x 20 inches
- Product weight: 11.65 lbs
- 3-year guarantee
At 2 feet, the Chill Sack Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair for Kids is ideal for kids and teens. It’s great for a family room, basement, dorm, or bedroom. Stuffed with a soft shredded memory foam blend that is both durable and comfortable. The cover is made from microsuede fiber that is soft to the touch. It is also machine washable, resistant to stains and discoloration. Every Chill Sack beanbag is double stitched to give you extra-strength for extended use. Made in the USA, weighs around 14 pounds, so even a kid can move it around on their own to put it in their favorite area of the house to watch TV or play video games. This also comes in 8 colors and a 3-year comfort guarantee.
Flash Furniture Small Denim Bean Bag Chair for Kids
- Brand: Flash Furniture
- Color: denim
- Machine washable removable slipcover
- Safety metal zipper secures polystyrene polymeric beads
- Wash using cold water
- Do not bleach
- Product dimensions: 31 x 31 x 31 inches
- Product weight: 8 lbs
The Flash Furniture Small Denim Bean Bag Chair for Kids it’s a durable and well-cushioned bad to sit or lay down that your kids (and even you!) can move around the house freely. This model has a unique and stylish denim cover that will look good in any room and is extra sturdy. The upholstery is made out of ultra-soft cotton that will cradle your tot and make kids feel like they’re floating on a cloud. Overall, the Flash Furniture denim beanbag chair is the perfect choice for you if you want to keep your kids happy, smiling, and comfortable. It’s very soft and delicate, safe, and very well-designed.
Gold Medal Tear Drop Bean Bag for Kids Safari Collection
- Brand: Gold Medal Bean Bags
- Prints: Cheetah, Bengali Tiger, Giraffe, Zebra, Leopard/li>
- Tear drop shape for extra back support
- Sturdy and durable animal print cover
- Double stitched with child safe zipper
- Filled with expanded polystyrene beans
- Product dimensions: 27 x 34 x 35 inches
- Circumference: 112 inches
- Product weight: 8 lbs
Gold Medal Tear Drop Bean Bag for Kids Safari Collection is sturdy, double stitched, and has a child safe zipper. Cheetah print is a fuzzy suede – like soft faux suede, more precisely. Ideal for teens, gamers, and kids. The Tear Drop shape conforms to each individual and provides extra back support. This durable bean bag is made in the USA and has an easy spot clean maintenance. Filled with virgin expanded polystyrene beans. Available also in different animal prints. The only fault with this beanbag chair for kids is that the cover is not washable.
ECR4Kids Dew Drop Bean Bag for Kids Multiple Colors
- Brand: ECR4Kids
- Colors: multiple
- Dew drop bean bag ideal for use by kids
- Soft leather polyurethane covering cleans easily
- Filled with polystyrene beads
- Seams are double-stitched with smooth edges
- Product dimensions: 30 x 30 x 35 inches
- Product weight: 10 lbs
- GREENGUARD [GOLD] Certified company
A fun and comfortable beanbag for reading, watching TV, video gaming, and snuggling. ECR4Kids Dew Drop Bean Bag for Kids is perfect in any classroom, daycare, dorm, and home environment, the sturdy polyurethane upholstered bean bag features durable double-stitched seams, comfortable form-fitting polystyrene bead filling, and two locking-zippers to keep beads safely inside. Taller than normal bean bag chairs, dew drop chairs support the back when you sit in them. The dewdrop bean bag chair is recommended for use by children ages 2+ and is available in 10+ assorted bright colors. Certified for minimal indoor air emissions, compliant with CAL 117 flammability regulations.
Aloha Bean Bag Chair for Kids Premium Bean Filling
- Brand: Big Joe
- Color: Grey
- Great for gaming, reading or simply lounging
- Covers are double stitched
- Sealed with two safety locking zippers
- Filled with lightweight, Megahh beans
- Product dimensions: 28 x 28 x 34 inches
- Product weight: 6 lbs
Big Joe’s Aloha Bean Bag Chair for Kids Premium Bean Filling is filled with new and stronger Megahh beans, created to give you more time for lounging and less time (and money) spent buying and refilling the beans in your chair. All beanbag filled chairs eventually go flat depending on how much lounging you do. The new Megahh beans will give you at least 30 percent additional lounging time than a standard bean, which is a great thing. Super lightweight and so ultra-comfy, it is sealed with two safety locking zippers for child safety. Structured stitching on the back panel ensures you get the support you need. All beans are 100 percent recyclable and are made from 80 percent recycled materials. Built-in handle makes it easy to move, whether you’re watching TV in the living room, studying in your room, or playing games in the basement.
X-Large Toy Storage Bean Bag Chair for Kids
- Brand: MiniOwls
- Patterns: three
- Storage solution for stuffed animals, plush toys, seasonal clothes, towels, blankets, pillows, or/and other bedding
- Fits 60 – 80 toys or 200L / 52 gallons of beans
- 80 percent cotton canvas has double stitching and reinforced corners
- Comes with convenient handle to carry it around
- Product dimensions: 30 x 30 x 35 inches
- Product weight: 10 lbs
- Sizes: 100L (26 US gallons), 200L (52 US gallons)
This is the #1 organizer bean bag that changes a mountain of clutter into a fashionable chair. Its triangular shape creates a comfortable seat with backrest. It creates a great place to read a book, play video games or simply relax in front of a TV. The cover made 100 percent cotton, with double-stitched and reinforced corners for higher durability. A convenient handle to carry it around is attached, with a 17.5-inch long zipper. X-Large Toy Storage Bean Bag Chair for Kids from MiniOwls comes in 2 patterns and 2 different sizes. It was created to accommodate different fillers. A perfect alternative to storage hammock, toy net, bin, basket, chest or a storage box.
Leachco Pillay Plush Sling-Style Toddlers Bean Bag Lounger
- Brand: Leachco
- Colors: Latte, Grey
- Generously sized for children 3 years and up
- Center stretch panel adjusts with child’s weight
- Contoured sides give a warm and cozy caress for nap time
- Perfect spot for playing, reading, watching TV, and napping
- Product dimensions: 32 x 12 x 38 inches
- Product weight: 8 lbs
This is the ultimate soft spot for lounging and play. Its unique features, like the center stretch panel and adjustment tabs, enable this toddler bean bag lounger to grow with your child, providing versatile comfort for years of enjoyment. Zippered removable cover in luxurious plush fabric. To clean Leachco Pillay Plush Sling-Style Toddlers Bean Bag Lounger removable cover, remove the cover from pillow, machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Use non-chlorine bleach if needed. Tumble dry, lowest heat setting, remove promptly. To remove soils, only spot clean with a soapy cloth. Do not machine wash pillow. In the end, the Pillay Plush will be your little one’s favorite spot to land.
Big Joe Soccer Ball Bean Bag for Kids
- Brand: Big Joe
- Patterns: multiple
- Filled with Ultimax beans that conform to you
- Waterproof Smartmax ballistic fabric
- Double stitched and double zippers
- Available in assorted styles
- Product dimensions: 24 x 25 x 20 inches
- Product weight: 6 lbs
The Big Joe Soccer Ball Bean Bag for Kids will thrill any little sports enthusiasts. They can watch TV, play games or just relax with this elegant sports-themes bean bag. It features a cut panel design that enhances the look of your bedroom or dorm room. The gaming bean bag is double stitched and double zippered to add durability. This double-stitched bean bag is made from SmartMax ballistic fabric to ensure water-resistant and hassle-free maintenance. You can clean them easily and remove tough stains through spot cleaning. Great for ages 2 and up. Click here to discover all Big Joe Sports bean bag chair models.
American Furniture Alliance Bean Bag Chair for Kids Pink Flower
- Brand: American Furniture Alliance
- Patterns: Pink Flower, Spider Web
- Double zippered bottom for added security
- Double stitched with double overlap folded seam
- Light and convenient to move and store
- Easy spot clean with a damp cloth
- Product dimensions: 28.5 x 21 x 28 inches
- Product weight: 2.2 lbs
- Sizes: Jr Child, Child Large
Bring a trendy and cool look to your kid’s room with the pretty American Furniture Alliance Bean Bag Chair for Kids Pink Flower. Designed with utmost precision, this bean bag is made using premium-quality materials that make it strong and durable. The bright and happy pink color of this bean bag instantly brightens up the appearance of any room. It features cute and adorable floral patterns that are sure to keep you captivated for a long period of time. This bean bag effortlessly merges with most modern or contemporary room interior settings. You can refill this bean bag as per your requirement. That’s a great and nice beanbag for smaller folks!
Bean Bag Chair for Kids Buyers Guide
Shape and Size – you can find bean bag chairs in every imaginable pattern and color. Moreover, these chairs come in other shapes besides a round pouf. There are cubic styles and some with wide seats and tapered backs. If back support is important, try a pear-shaped bean bag chair. Size is an important factor when choosing a beanbag chair and the larger the child the bigger the bag should be. A bean bag chair for kids is usually small with an average circumference of 30 feet. If you want multiple kids to be able to use the bag at the same time, especially if a movie or game is on, then fluffy bean bags or a giant bean bag chair are the one to choose.
Cover Material – almost all bean bags have a lovely soft bounce making sitting in them a pleasure. There are different materials used on the outer layers and some of the most used are Suede, Leather, Fur, and Denim. Vinyl and leather are perhaps the easiest materials to clean. Nylon is a softer alternative to vinyl. If softness is a must, go for fur or microfiber. Microfiber is a much softer material and it is stain resistant. The fur is ultra-plush, but it can be a chore to keep clean if you have children.
Filler – the inside of traditional bean bags were dried beans, but no more. Whatever filling you choose, you want a high-quality one that rebounds and provides support. Modern fillings for bean bag chair for kids are either beaded or foam. We’ll discuss filler in the next chapter.
Color – make sure to pick the right color and get one that suits the kids, both in personal preference and matches the room.
Washable – you want a bean bag chair that’s easy to maintain. Nowadays, many come with removable covers that you can machine wash, and these chairs are a breeze to clean. It also helps if the fabric repels stains and liquid, and you should also be able to spot clean the cover when minor accidents occur.
Safety – choose durable materials, a strong zipper, and double stitching. Go after one with a soft filling like polyurethane foam, greater fire-resistant beads, waterproof cover and easy to remove. Two-way zippers are easier to open and close, but locked zippers prevent children from dumping out the chair’s filling.
Bean Bag Chairs for Kids – Types of Filler
There are different types of materials used as a filler and normally the higher the quality, the more expensive is the beanbag, yet, sometimes the synthetic material is as good as the traditional bean. Most materials used these days are fire-resistant and offer better protection for a bean bag chair for kids. The material used for the filler is more commonly recycled waste and is a great way to be environmentally friendly. The filler’s most used material is usually polyurethane. Other types used are:
- EPS Beads: these are expanded polystyrene, and they are much like styrofoam. You are going to find this in some of the most popular bean bag chairs for kids. They are lightweight, rigid, contain 98 percent air, making them resistant to moisture and heat.
- Micro-Beads: micro-beads were commonly used in pillows but aren’t really best for bean bags. These are tiny pellets made from plastic polyurethane, and they can range from 10 mm to 1 mm in size. Today, they aren’t really used because they’re identified as an environmental hazard. They may still be used in some bean bags, but we don’t suggest it for kids to using them.
- Memory Foam/ Compressed Foam: memory foam is a type of polyurethane that has been produced through a special process to increase its density and viscosity. When used for bean bags, this material can be found inexpensively in the form of off-cuts. Because memory foam pieces are large and irregularly shaped, some people do not like their texture when used in bean bags with thin linings.
- Shredded Polyurethane Foam: The shredded polyurethane foam that is great at supporting the bodies of small children. This material is a leading member of the polymer or plastic family. It can be solid or have an open-cell structure, which is why they come off as so comfortable. It is not the most practical foam to have around children, but it’s fire-retardant.
No matter which bean bag filler you use, it is important to remember that any small, lightweight objects, such as the beads described above, may pose a risk to children if they are inhaled or swallowed. Because of this, all bean bags sold in the U.S. are required to be strongly double stitched, and all zippers must have a parental locking mechanism or removable zipper handle. However, it is up to you to ensure that all bean bags are properly sealed before using them!
Safety Above All
A bean bag chair for kids must include several safety features designed to prevent them from gaining access to the filler. Refillable bean bags must have locking safety zippers and dual stitching. This prevents children from opening the lining and spreading the beads. Bean bags for children must also include permanent warning labels, and the fabrics from which the linings are composed must pass durability tests to ensure that children cannot rip or tear them. Parents must be warned about the dangers of cheaply made bean bags or bean bags that are not properly filled.
Another danger comes from fire. Different types of materials burn in different ways. Cotton, linen, and other cellulose fibers are among the most flammable – they ignite easily and burn rapidly. Rayon and acrylic are also highly flammable, but rayon shrinks as it burns, and acrylic may melt and drip. While natural fibers are in general more flammable than synthetic fibers are, there are a few exceptions. Wool and silk are both extremely difficult to ignite, and they burn slowly.
Nylon and polyester are synthetic fabrics that make excellent choices for bean bags. These bean bag chair for kids materials are slow to ignite, and they shrink and pull away from heat sources, which is often enough to prevent fires. However, the lower the density of the fabric, the easier it is to catch on fire. This means that nylon and polyester that is thick and durable is safer than fabrics that are thin or of low quality. Fire safety is a serious issue that must be considered before purchasing a beanbag, but you can reduce the risks by buying intelligently.
Nearly all of these accidents are preventable by following several guidelines:
- Do not leave children unattended.
- Enforce proper posture.
- Provide a good example for your children.
- Read the hazard labels and follow all recommendations.
- Educate babysitters and other caregivers about child safety.
Commonly Asked Questions About Best Bean Bag Chair for Kids
Before making a purchase, ensure you end up with a bean bag chair that is going to work for your kids. Here are some answers to common questions about bean bag chairs for kids and the care of.
* How safe are bean bag chairs for children?
They are as safe as can be! There are a variety of sizes and designs that can prevent possible suffocation or falls. For instance, quite a few modern bean bag chair for kids have a center panel that won’t allow a child to sink in too far and possibly suffocate. As a common rule, do not use the chair as a bed. The beanbag chair is best to have your kid kept seated on the chair, but it is never suitable as a bed.
* Are bean bags healthy?
A piece of furniture that is too hard is uncomfortable, and it does not conform to the body while furniture that is too soft is not supportive at all. Bean bags provide the perfect middle ground. The filling in bean bags is extremely supportive, but it also makes it malleable enough to conform exactly to the shapes and configurations required for proper posture.
* Is sitting on a bean bag bad for your back?
With some models, there is no support for your back, specifically upper back. When you sit on a bean bag, it leads your body towards a somewhat slouchy posture, which is very bad for your spinal curvature in the long run. Prolonged sitting on bean bag affects your body posture, turning it into a bad one.
* Does bean bag chair go flat?
Yes, bean bag chair for kids went flat after extended periods of regular use. What was once a fluffy, round and comfortable chair has become a flat disc about half the size. This is a universal phenomenon experienced by all bean bags filled with polystyrene beads. You can take several steps to extend the life of your bean bags, and most of them can be refilled once the beads go flat.
* Are foam beads dangerous?
Polystyrene bead stuffing is dangerous because the beads can get easily swallow or get into a child’s lung. Foam can be dangerous for young children if pieces can be bitten or pulled off. They are not suitable for children under 3 years because of the risk of choking.
* Can bean bag covers be replaced?
Bean bag covers are easily removable for washing and replacing. Switching your cover is easy, and is also an easy way to change the look and feel of your bean bag. If you don’t have an inner liner, just take care when removing the cover so you don’t lose any of the filler.
* How to clean a bean bag chair?
Wash removable cotton covers in a washing machine, Wipe vinyl bean bags clean with a cloth dipped in warm, soapy water. Brush suede-covered bean bags regularly to keep them clean. Use a damp cloth to rub spots off a plush, velvet, or velour bean bags. Dust leather bean bags regularly with a clean towel.
* What are the best kids bean bag chairs for gaming?
That would all depend on your comfort level. Some gamer like to get low while playing, while others prefer to be perched on high. Depending on your size, you can’t really go wrong with the classic design with polystyrene beads that can leave a great fanny indentation waiting for your next gaming session. Some bean bag gaming chairs have direct audio surround relayed through built-in speakers.
* What is the average lifespan for kids bean bag chairs?
A good bean bag chair can last up to a decade. If you buy one beanbag chair for a child then you may have to take into consideration the fact that your child will outgrow the chair. If the beanbag is more of a size that your child can grow into, then it will probably have a longer shelf-life. Overuse and over-washing a removable cover can wear the material thin. After about 10 years of use, the filler may go completely flat unless replaced with new beads. A good quality bean bag is supposed to last for around 3-4 years without changing the beans.
* Does the bean bag chair come with a warranty?
There are bean bags on the market with no warranties (stay away from them!), 30 days, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and lifetime warranties. The warranty should be clearly stated and you should be able to easily contact the company if necessary.
The bean bag chair for kids on our top 10 list are all great. Compared to any conventional chair, bean bags are much softer and comfortable to have a rest on. Today, bean bags are created in different shapes, colors to fit a wide range of customers and provide great comfort. It is important to remember that when it comes to kids’ safety, you cannot afford to buy cheap bean bags. You need a bean bag chair that will last the test of time, one which provides comfort, style, and safety. We hope that this guide helped you choose the best bean bag for your child.
Best Bean Bag Chair for Kids 2019
Getting a bean bag chair for kids is an absolutely smart investment because it can provide various advantages. They are well-designed to adjust to the weight and shape of the person, are very cozy to sit on, come with removable covers and this makes it really easy to wash. Plus, can be placed in a TV room, bedroom, dorm room, living room or even the receiving area of any office.