Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart Multi-Use Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker is aiming to be safe, convenient, and dependable – not bad! It speeds up cooking by 2-6 times using up to 70% less energy and, above all, produces nutritious healthy foods. Instant Pot Duo is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker, it replaces seven kitchen appliances as it has the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sautÉ, yogurt maker, and warmer.
His 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize, and Jiu Niang) cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button. A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it.
Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. A great advantage of this apparel is that it traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns associated with non-stick coatings. The slim body design has lid holders for both left and right-handed users. The brushed stainless steel exterior is fingerprint-resistant. Its elegant and long-lasting design makes it easy to clean and delightful to use for many years.
Instant Pot Duo uses an embedded microprocessor that monitors the inside pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity. The cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for optimal effects.
Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart is precisely designed to eliminate common errors that could harm or spoil good foods. It also passes the UL certification giving you a higher level of safety and peace of mind when cooking – plus, it protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
People love Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart because it’s a comfortable, time-saving device that lets you quickly cook dinner without keeping an eye on the stove. Allow you to cook fast (with the pressure-cooking function) or slow. And Instant Pot Duo is more functional because it can also pressure-cook.
Designed to satisfy a variety of tastes and food conditions, Instant Pot Duo programs come with:
- 3 adjustable settings, “Less“, “Normal“, and “More” to achieve one’s desired results
- 3 temperatures in “Sauté” for searing, simmering or thickening for a maximum time of 30 minutes
- 3 temperatures in “Slow Cook” to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker.
- 3 temperatures in “Keep Warm” to maintain food at different serving temperatures.
The up to 24-hour delay start allows you to postpone the start to have dinner ready when you are. Automatic “Keep Warm” holds the temperature of the meal until you’re ready to serve.
The display and control panel might look complicated and a little bit outdated, yet, it’s easy to figure out how it works and the instruction manual is very clear. The Instant Pot Duo series comes in three sizes: 3, 6, and 8 quarts. At this time, the Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart is the most popular by far, and the one we recommend for most people. It offers plenty of capacity for normal family dinners, soups, and stews, or even a whole chicken, and above all, it doesn’t take up a lot of your kitchen space.
Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt version can be used at home to make a small dish for one or two people, side dish or while traveling such as camping, traveling by RV, boating, sailing, hotel excursions.
A 24-hour delay start timer for delayed cooking is great for busy families allowing you to have your food ready when you get home from a busy day at work. If you cook for a lot of people or frequently, consider Instant Pot Duo 8 Qt model. This version is very big, which is why it isn’t for everyone. Besides, it will take more space on your countertop.
Don’t know what to cook? You can find hundreds of Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart cookbooks out there, including many tailored to specific dietary concerns (vegan, ketogenic, paleo, diabetic, gluten-free). Jennifer Smith wrote Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 500 Everyday Recipes for Beginners and Advanced Users or you can perform a book search on Amazon from here to discover other great Instant Pot cookbooks.
Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart – Ten Safety Mechanisms
Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart has been carefully designed to eliminate many common errors that may cause harm or spoil foods.
- Steam Release: releases excess pressure by venting steam through the steam release valve/handle.
- Anti-Block Shield: a stainless steel cover that prevents food particles from entering the steam release pipe, reducing the risk of blockages.
- Safety Lid Lock: when the cooker is pressurized, the lid will automatically lock to prevent opening the cooker. Do not attempt to force the lid open while the cooker is pressurized.
- Lid Position Detection: if the lid is not in a safe position for pressure cooking, the cooker will not allow cooking to begin.
- Automatic Temperature Control: regulates heating to ensure the inner pot remains within a safe temperature range, based on the program.
- Overheat (Burn) Protection: overheating may occur if: – After Sautéing, inner pot has not been deglazed: food is stuck to the bottom
– The pressure cooker is being operated without sufficient cooking liquid
– The inner pot is not making full contact with the heating element
– The inner pot encounters a heat distribution issue, such as when starch accumulates on the bottom of the inner pot.
- Automatic Pressure Control: maintains working pressure levels. Suspends heating if the pressure exceeds pressure level limits.
- Electrical Fuse: cuts off power if the electrical current exceeds safety limits.
- Thermal Fuse: cuts off power if the internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
- Leaky Lid Detection: if there is steam leakage from the lid (such as sealing ring not installed, or steam release handles being in “Venting” and not “Sealing” position) the cooker will not pressurize. Loss of steam may cause food to burn. The cooker monitors the pre-heating time and lowers heat output if working pressure is not reached within 40 minutes.
Care and Maintenance
Regular care or maintenance is essential to ensure that Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart is safe for use for a long period of time. If any of the following circumstances take place, please stop using the appliance immediately and contact Instant Pot support team.
- Power cord and plug suffer from expansion, deformation, discoloration, damages.
- A portion of power cord or the plug gets hotter than usual.
- Electric pressure cooker heats abnormally, emitting a burnt smell.
- When powered on, there are unusual sounds or vibrations.
If there is dust or dirt on the plug or socket, please remove dust or dirt with a dry brush.
Caution: please make sure the appliance has cooled down and is unplugged before cleaning!
- Clean the product after each use. Wipe the black inner housing rim and slot dry with a cloth to prevent rusting on the exterior pot rim.
- Remove the lid and take out the inner pot, wash them with detergent, rinse with clear water and then wipe dry with a soft cloth. The stainless steel inner pot is also dishwasher safe.
- Use water to clean the lid, including the sealing ring (which can be removed), exhaust valve, anti-block shield, and wipe them clean with a dry soft cloth. Do not take apart the steam release pipe assembly.
- Clean the cooker body with a clean damp cloth. Do not immerse the cooker into the water. Do not use a wet cloth to clean the pot while the power cord is plugged into the power outlet.
Slow Cooking with Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart
- Follow steps in the “Cooking PreparationUser Manual. The steam release handle should be at the “Venting” positions. An optional glass lid can also be used.
- Connect power cord. The LED display shows “OFF” indicating that it’s in standby state.
- Press “Slow Cook” key.
- Change cooking duration between 0.5 and 20 hours by pressing the “+” or “-” key.
- Select the desired cooking mode with the “Adjust” key. By pushing the “Adjust” key repeatedly, you can adjust the cooking mode to “Normal“, “More” and “Less” modes, which correspond to medium, high and low in a common slow cooker.
- Cooking starts automatically in 10 seconds after the last key is pressed.
- When the cooking finishes, the cooker beeps and goes into the Auto “Keep Warm” cycle for 10 hours.
Our Favorite Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart Recipe – Tender Chicken
To start, grab a whole medium chicken and season it with salt and pepper. Using the Sauté function, brown the breast and sides of the chicken in a tablespoon of oil. Deglaze the pot with a cup of stock, shove some fresh herbs in the cavity of the chicken, and set it down in the pot on top of the metal rack insert. Cook it using the manual setting on High for 6 minutes for each pound of chicken, plus 2 minutes more.
Now, instead of releasing the pressure, let the Instant Pot do its magic and cool and release steam naturally for about 10-15 minutes. If the float valve hasn’t dropped down in a max of 15 minutes, go ahead and release the remaining amount of pressure with the valve. Remove the chicken from the pot, slice it up, add a sauce, serve with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy a healthy meal!
Truly, we are very happy with this magical device at ChosenFurniture bureau – it does not only exceeds our expectations but also makes our lives much easier and healthier. We honestly advise you to consider the Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart model. For sure, it’s a real deal with exceptional performances.
- Brand: Instant Pot
- The number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1
- Features 14 smart programs: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Rice, Sauté/Simmer, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook.
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304
- The microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time.
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz
- Product dimensions: 13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches
- Weight: 11.8 pounds
- Model number: Duo 60
- Working pressure: High 10.2 ~ 11.6 psi (70 ~ 80 kPa); Low 5.8 ~7.2 psi (40 ~ 50 kPa)
- Steam release pressure limit: 16.68 psi (115 kPa)
- Working temperature: 239° F ~ 244° F at high pressure setting; 229° F ~ 233° F at low pressure setting.